Monday, December 10, 2007

December already???? what?

Well, Its mid december already... can you believe it? I feel like my head is swimming in things that need to be done. Some days it functions well, and others everything falls on me. Do you ever feel like you work, and work, and work, and never catch up to things? like work? or bills? or have any time left after work?

So much to do and never enought time or money to do it.

I really enjoy Chrismas for many reasons, but I also don't enjoy it for a few reasons. Lets start with the good first of course. I love Christmas, for the main reason of course my Lord and Savior was born on earth to save me. I also really enjoy it cause It is a time of joy and love, and family. I always get to see family at some point or another, which is so great. They love to get together, and hang out, just to spend time together. It is so nice to know that you will definitally see people you love. And of course I love christmas music, i start listening as early as possible. (sometimes too early for those around me) hee hee :)

Then of course there is the thing I don't like about christmas. I don't like how it has become, all about what we can get. Like all some people think about is, what am I getting for christmas. What is so and so buying me. And a lot of times people fall into the fact that they spend too much and justify it on the fact, that "oh its the holidays" And as selfish as this makes me sound, i hate that, cause I know i can't do that. My human nature wants to say, oh i can buy that even if it is a little more that i thought... but know i really shouldn't buy that. So of course then human nature says to me that i should be jealous of those who have whatever they want, and I should be selfish and want what they have. Can I just say that is really hard to fight! ugh money and holidays.

Anyway, this year is a tough one for that cause there is one really big item that i really, really, really want, and to justify it is for my business not just fun. lol I know I am not getting it cause we can't afford it at the moment.

Its like Satan is standing around poking me with sticks, first one thing then another.... never a dull moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw this on your myspace blog--and I'm glad I followed the link! No wonder I never see new blogs that you've posted!

I understand completely how you feel--I see people who seem so comfortable and well off that they spend whenever and wherever they like. . . and then don't understand the limited budgets of others.

I'm with you, dear!

The Gang's Momma! said...

So much to do, so many sick little ones - keeping me home from getting it all done! All the big errands I have left to do for the holidays are ones I need to do "out" and now a second gang member has come down with the dreaded "adnovirus" - sore throat, fever, cough, etc. GRRRRRRRRRR!

But on the flip side, lots of time to be together, housebound and baking. Lots of baking. :)