Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Hubby

Well its been a while since I got to sit down and blog. I wanted to give you all Thanksgiving thoughts, and some old family traditions, but I was sooo busy that week, it just didn't happen.

I really wish I had something profound to talk about today, but sadly I don't. As lame as this sounds I am actually going to post a blog my hubby wrote on another site.

Enjoy!

Yes the Holiday season is here! It always official starts when my family shows up around Thanksgiving... It was pretty much the same this year as it was last year. My mom's family all getting together, 25+ gathering in a building not big enough for all of us, and going insane by the end of it cause of the guys playing video games, the girls chatting and giggling, and the older adults trying to talk to each other over all the noise. Not to mention my mom buying a christmas chicken toy that played the chicked dance song and danced... (why mom???)
Anyways, its all family, so you got to love them, and I do. Thank goodness Marie is still with me after years of this torture each thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving was fun, but black friday was even better, and my black friday didn't involve any shopping, or waiting in line. We all took the oppurtunity to sleep in. I LOVE SLEEP! Then after we all woke up and gathered together again at my place (sometime around noon) It was time to get the tree...
We went to a tree farm out near our house, It was quite the fun experience. First we arrive there, and find out where to go to chop down your own tree. The assistant tells us to wait in line near this dirt path and the tractor will be along to pick us up. So we wait in line, hop on the next tractor and take a 5 minute tractor ride down to the other side of the farm where the tractor drops you off... after about 15 minutes of running around trying to find the "right" tree.. we finally had one seperated from its roots, and in david, and jons hands, being carried back to the tractor pick up spot. after the ride back, a quick wait in line to pay, and some free hot chocolate (curtosy of the tree farm) we had the tree in our trunk and on its way to our living room. Then back to our place for an evening of family and decorating. Now thats the way to spend black friday.

Oh, and for you crazy shoppers... there was one deal that Marie wanted to get from a store, but instead of being at the store at 5 am to get her hands on it. she ordered it, online, at a decent time, and got it for the same price with free shipping, and it was here by Tuesday. :)

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Where does J blog? I didn't know about this! Tell all, dear :)

And sorry about the solicitation from NIKKI (?) I have no idea who she is, but I think she found your site via mine . . . UGH. I hate those solicitations!