Monday, September 24, 2007

Other People's Kids

Well its about time for my "weekly blog". I didn't really mean for them to come once a week, but that just seems to be how often I get to do this. Plus I really don't have that much interesting information going on in my life right now. No kids of my own to write about, no plans for kids of my own to write about. Any family is at least an hour from here, so we don't get to visit them very often. Already have the new job. So what else is there to say today....

Well I guess I will talk about yesterday, which was Sunday. My Hubby and I were in the 2y-3y old class yesterday. Can I just say they are a bunch of cuties. Yesterday we had a few new kids in the class. Here is a good question, do kids listen better to other authorities rather than there parents. Ok, here is the reason i ask. Like i said we had a few new kids, well the one mom and dad were like "good luck" when the left there daughter in our care. Mind you she just turned two, but i must say she is sooo well spoken for a little two year old. And not only that she listened to everything we said. Like for example she sat for the whole story time on her spot, she colored her craft, she did her snack. She was as well behaved as any other kid there, and better than some. :)

So later when her mom picked her up she asked me how was she and be honest. So I told her, she was wonderful, sat for the whole story, ect. I think the mom thought i was lieing! :) (and mom if your reading this i wasn't) I just made me wonder why the little girl did so good for the class, when i'm assuming she is not that good for her parents?! Her parents are great godly people and from what i know about them are doing an excellent job raising her.

I guess i just have the magic touch... hahahahaha!

4 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh my dear! You have hit on the thing that has frustrated mommies (and daddies, I'd imagine!) for ages and ages! Why must our little ones be angels for others when we are fully prepared for them to NOT be? :) I always say that I'm just glad that if they are gonna misbehave, they do it where I can beat them in private. JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING :)

Glad to hear you had fun. They are a great group of little ones!

Anonymous said...

I'm so laughing here! Good question...why is she better for others? Because she loves to stress her mother out. It's as simple as that! She IS a great kid all around and I couldn't have asked for a better little angel, but she just really loves to test mom and dad on if we really do mean what we are saying. Oh, we mean it!

timb said...

Marie, we have the same thing with the girls. People just can't believe it when we tell them that the girls can be naughty. "But there such angels" is the response, "yea sure, out with you."

Ray Bertolet said...

Hmmm, well let me just say it is the way of all children. When they come upon people that "cast" a firm voice and clear directions they tend to obey with out any challenges. However, mom and dad are another story. Children will always push the boundaries when they are in extremely familiar situations...aka... the home. Yes, sometime it is lack from firm boundaries and discipline but most time it is simply a kid being a kid.

One day (I hope) you will discover this first hand.