Saturday, September 1, 2007

Patience

Ok, well here is a little know fact about me. I love to write poems from time to time. They are all pretty much related to what I am feeling, and learning from God. Someday, when I have enough of them I want to get them published. But I don't think that will be for a long time.

As I may have told everyone, I am looking for a new job. Well I had a second interview on monday, and I called on friday because this monday is a holiday. Well I left a message with the lady, and she left me one back. (cause i was at work) She said they are doing a few more interviews this week. But that I am high on there list of people they like. They should have something to tell me by the end of next week, weither it is yes or no.

Can I just say... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am not good at being patient. It makes me worry, and create senerios in my head of what i did wrong or the outcome, if i can't get the job, if i do get the job. I have quite the vivid imagination sometimes.

Anyway back to the reason, I started this blog. I was thinking about being patient and waiting on God to provide the best for me and my husband, when i remembered a poem i wrote about patience, now i didn't remember what it said, i just remembered i Titled it "Patience" - So here it is:

Patience

- My mind says,
How come I must wait?
Why does it take so long?
I want things now…
I want to know when…
I want to be in control…
- My heart cries

No reply, just silence
Then He says… “Patience
Trust me… I know what you want
But I want something better for you
You must not worry, just wait
It will come in perfect timing
Just wait…”

I don’t think I can do it,
I want to know, I want to control,
Will you help me?
“Oh dear child, I have saved you from death,
Do not worry about life…
I am here, I am listening,
I will keep you strong,
I will be your support,
I will give you patience.
Trust me…
Be patient for my will
Just wait…”


Marie Bertolet
© 2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now there is the matter...patience and trust. Do we really trust God to be patient for Him to work. I fear that many of us struggle with patience because it is so closely tied to our understanding and acceptance of God's soveriegnty. We need to figure out what is our responsibility...ie...go to work....and trust that God will see that it meets our needs. "Did I do right, should I have said something different" these things take us away from trusting God. Trust that He gave you the words to say and the attitude required. Then trust that He will provide (or not provide) the job depending on His perfect will.

Guamdad

The Gang's Momma! said...

That's a beautiful poem! You really should keep writing - it's such a great way to sort out one's thoughts, don't ya think?

I too struggle with patience and timing of the Lord - but it's all the issue of trust! I remind myself of this all the time, too!

Praying for you to hear good things this week. . .