Monday, September 29, 2008

October

October is almost here... can you believe it? Just yesterday it seemed like the beginning of summer and already the fall chill has set in. And don't get me wrong, I love the change of seasons, and the coloring of the leaves. It is like every day God takes some time to color the landscape just a little more than the day before. However, I don't like the fact that it gets cold. And I have to start wearing layers. It is just a chilling reminder that winter is on its way. Once again i can see the beauty in some parts of the weather, but winter to me is just depressing. The trees are dead, its cold, and the darkness of the day seems longer than the light. 

On top of all that, you have to decide who gets what holiday, and who you travel to see when. I am not a nice person when it comes to travel, i hate sitting in the car for more than an hour. And for anyone who has traveled with me you know why. And for those who haven't I can explain in little detail.... I have a small blatter. And the only family that lives within non stopping distance (sorry everyone) is Nana. My brother and his family live about 1 1/2 hours (sometimes i can make it) My mom and dad live 3 hours away, and my husband's mom and dad live 5 hours away. I can't really complain about it thought cause it isn't overseas, and I do get to see my families. But sometimes it does make it hard to visit, you can't just drop by you know. 

One thing is for sure, I have no right to complain about my life. God has blessed me in more ways than I notice sometime. After working in a group home for schizophrenics, I can definitely say there is always someone who has it worse off then me. (I just wish that when I am not feeling well and want to complain i could remember that) To see people that have no control over any part of there life, everything is scheduled, everything is decided for you. Now ok, there is recovery process here and people have goals and they "SAY" they are doing everything to help them, but I know better. I am not trying to be cynical, but after working here for a year I see things that just make me sad sometimes. And then to think about people who could have perfectly normal lives a screw them up of there own accord! Even more sad. 

Those are my thoughts for September... Enjoy see you in October. ;)

No comments: